In case you missed it, we recently had a midterm election in the U.S. in which Republicans and their agenda made some of the greatest gains in a generation.
Below are some of the best articles and commentaries published since the event, to explain its significance and understand what's coming next.
Most of these are from a singe venue. If you don't subscribe to the Wall Street Journal, you should (FULL DISCLOSURE: We receive $0,000,000.00 for saying that, but we should get twice that). In a world full of free junk, there is a quality to the analysis provided there that is still worth paying for, for the truly informed citizen.
A few non-WSJ items are thrown in for good measure. The Gruber meltdown is covered separately.
Read responsibly and enjoy your Thanksgiving conversation with your liberal / socialist / progressive / Democrat relatives:
- Strassel: The Senate’s Talent Infusion
- This Democrat Is Giving Up on ObamaCare
- Strassel: Scott Walker’s 2016 Challenge
- Henninger: Why the Democrats Lost
- Mary Landrieu’s Keystone Lifeline
- Thomas Sowell: What Happened
- Henninger: It Wasn’t Just Obama
- Obama’s Immigration Temptation
- J.R. Dunn: Progressivism's Last Call
- At Last, a Chance to Get to the Bottom of the IRS Mess
- In the High-Skill Visa Lottery, America Loses
- Bret Stephens: If Iran Says ‘Yes’
- Silicon Valley’s (Public Employee Pension) Reform Breakthrough
- GOP presidential hopefuls jockey for position in a crowded 2016 field
- Liberals Are Killing the Liberal Arts
- Bradley Smith: It’s Shocking How Little Was Spent on the Midterms
- Joe Rago: How Scott Walker Keeps Winning
- Allysia Finley: Teachers Unions Flunked Their Midterms
- Jerome R. Corsi: GOP wave more massive than anyone realized
- A Shellacking for Obama
- A Public Union Trouncing
- Fred Barnes: A Most Pivotal Election
- Disparate Impact Rejected
- Obama and the Black Vote
If you found this article valuable, consider making a donation of $1 today to encourage more work like it. Visit our Donate Page or click: